Rén is a traditional Chinese character that can be roughly translated as "humanity" or "humaneness". The rén rén is a "benevolent" or "humane person".

Bǐ mò is a term for "pen and ink", "words" or bits of writing.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Birthday Post

I suppose that I should do a birthday post. It's a bit hot and sticky here and I'm trying to pack up my life to take back to the states with me. It's one of those days in which I keep feeling like I've forgotten something.  Not very birthday-like. 


On the other hand, my husband is taking me to lunch at a Mexican restaurant (a rarity in Hong Kong, I assure you). Plus we've got ice cream and wine. It should be a good day.


The next time I post (in which I hope to have something literary to put here), I'll be back in the States.


And a special thanks to Gabriel over at Angelspeak for all of the lit crit and things you've been giving me to think about. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place your observations in the box.

Popular Posts