Rén is a traditional Chinese character that can be roughly translated as "humanity" or "humaneness". The rén rén is a "benevolent" or "humane person".

Bǐ mò is a term for "pen and ink", "words" or bits of writing.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Book Challenge Update

So I just finished An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon. Another good book. I made my comments about the direction her writing is taking in my first book challenge blog. You can see them there. I must say, I didn't think she would end it so abruptly. Lots of things are hanging in the air at the end of this book. Only the last scene has any kind of conclusive feeling of relief and even that situation leaves lots of questions hovering in the brain. It's kinda frustrating, but I guess that is how book in series get sold. I won't be able to resist the next one. We never found out what happened in the situation with Arch Bug. We never found out how Claire and Jamie were going to manage to work out what had become of their life. We never figured out if Rob was just trying to get rid of Roger to get at Brianna and the children. We never figure out if they're all going to go back in time again.... back back in time... sorta. I'm sorry. I promise - that didn't spoil anything. That's another book down.

6) An Echo in the Bone (Diana Gabaldon)


oh - AND

7) Light of Eidon :Legends of the Guardian Kind, Book 1 (Karen Hancock)

I forgot to add this to my list. I read it after My Antonia. It was okay. Someone read up on their history of the Catholic Church and the Great Schism plus ancient and concurrent beliefs in Egypt (etc) at the time and decided to write a thinly veiled book about it. It wasn't terrible. I was, in fact, much like Gladiator. I'm surprised that there wasn't a lawsuit at some point. At any rate, it was amusing and also a book that I've read.

7/30 complete

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place your observations in the box.

Popular Posts