Rén is a traditional Chinese character that can be roughly translated as "humanity" or "humaneness". The rén rén is a "benevolent" or "humane person".

Bǐ mò is a term for "pen and ink", "words" or bits of writing.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

In the Garden

These days my poems come strangely and awkwardly, like a teenager into their lengthened limbs. 


In the Garden

My hands covered in dirt till the soil, reaching
growing downward like roots. You question the foundations
of my faith – that which I have built myself upon
as I plant carrots and beets. I smile upward as the sun
strokes my hair and back. Its warmth comforts and envelops
my little leaves spiraling out from my stem. Your raincloud,
refreshing, quenches my thirst and feeds my willowy limbs.
Only as the sun reappears do you find me in bloom.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Place your observations in the box.

Popular Posts